Come Hither.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

 
Beauty gets the attention,



Someday we'll know; A Walk To Remember

Ninety miles outside Chicago,
Can't stop driving, I don't know why
So many questions, I need an answer
Two years later, you're still on my mind

Whatever happened to Amelia Earhart?
Who holds the stars up in the sky?
Is true love just once in a lifetime?
Did the captain of the titanic cry?

[Chorus]
Someday we'll know
If love can move a mountain
Someday we'll know
Why the sky is blue
Someday we'll know
Why I wasn't meant for you

Does anybody know the way to Atlantis?
Or what the wind says when she cries?
I'm speeding by the place that I met you
For the ninety-seventh time tonight

[Chorus]

Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah
One day I'll go
Dancing on the moon
Someday you'll know
That I was the one for you

I bought a ticket to the end of the rainbow
Watch the stars crash in the sea
If I could ask God just one question
Why aren't you here with me tonight?

[Chorus]

Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah
One day I'll go
Dancing on the moon
Someday you'll know
That I was the one for you





Everyone, at some point in their lives,
wakes up in the middle of the night
with the feeling that they are all alone in the world
and that nobody loves them now,
and that nobody will ever love them.
That they will never have a decent night's sleep again,
and will spend their lives
wandering blearily around a loveless landscape,
hoping desperately that their circumstances will improve,
but suspecting, in their heart of hearts,
that they will remain unloved forever.
The best thing to do in these circumstances
is to wake somebody else up,
so that they can feel this way too.
And that someone used to be you.


Perhaps I'm in the wrong body; I must have stumbled in.
All the love I want to give gets caught between every rib.
What does that make me?
I have good intentions, but no way of sharing them.
I wasn't always such a burden.
Yeah, once I deserved this,
but I wasn't always so tough.
I used to love you once,
but life just was too much.
I couldn't take the eyes any longer.

So most of the time we walk around,
constantly believing ourselves.
"I'm okay," we say, "I'm alright."
But sometimes the truth arrives on you
and you can't get it off.
That's when you realize
that sometimes it isn't even an answer;
it's a question.
Even now I wonder,
how much of my life is convinced?


'Cause you all want to lose yourself in another person,
you want to believe that love is transcendent and eternal.



I want to believe that too.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?