Come Hither.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

 
Everybody's starry eyed.


I walked down a busy street,
staring solely at my feet,
clutching pictures of past lovers at my side.

Stood at the table where you sat,
in respect of your presence,
present you with the pictures and says,

"These are just ghosts
that broke my heart before I met you."


Opened up my little heart,
unlocked the lock that kept it dark,
and read a written warning, saying,

"I'm still mourning over ghosts
that broke my heart before I met you,"

Lover, please do not fall to your knees.
It's not like I believe in everlasting love.

I went crazy at nineteen,
knew I'd lost all my self-esteem,
and couldn't understand why I was crying.

I would stare at empty chairs,
think of the ghosts that once sat there,
the ghosts that broke my heart.

"The ghosts that broke my heart before I met you,"

I'm so lost,
I'm not at all well.

Do as done there is nothing left to be.
Turned out I'd been following him,
and he'd been following me.

Do as though after it was over,
we were just two lovers,
crying on each others shoulders.



The world is a cancophony of breaking hearts.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?