Come Hither.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

 
The operation is inhuman.


You make me feel special.



A scandalon is a stumbling stone, something that causes people who encounter it to trip over it like a large, uneven crack in a sidewalk. This can be a mental stumbling block, or a physical stone stuck fast in the ground. The gospel of Jesus Christ, the good news for mankind, is a stumbling block to men. The thing that should set men and women free offends them because they, in their pride, cannot participate in their salvation.

Rom 6:6-7
We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.




I guess I was anti-everything and everyone. I didn't want people around me. This aversion was not some big crippling anxiety; merely a mature recognition of my own psychological vulnerability and my lack of suitability as a companion. Thoughts jostled for space in my crowded brain as I struggled to give them some order, which might serve to motivate my listless life. Of course, things are different.

Don't we all just want distractions from the reality that threatens us, to drown out the thoughts of wasted time. To continue our standard of living. We just repeat ourselves and become cynical about it. It's all understandable, just look it up.


Maybe it's obvious, that the depth of your faith is determined by how much you're willing to forgive. Of course, forgiving was never an obstacle, but the part on forgetting, I must admit, is tough. Such irony, you say. Because forgiving and forgetting, they function concurrently, I suppose. So if you say you forgave someone but cannot forget the hurt they inflicted on you, it is theoretically impossible and incorrect. But can I say something? I think that to expect one to instantaneously forgive and forget, is ridiculous.

You must understand that forgetting takes time, as understood from " ... time heals all pain. " Needless to say, memories, they tend to linger. So don't, don't expect someone to forgive you and to instantly forget the pain you've inflicted on them. Don't think you can get away with it scot-free just because you're "forgiven", verbally. You better get your butt back there and earn that trust back. And that it's your responsibility to aid your victim, till your victim recovers. Otherwise, I promise you, your ever-growing guilt, and conscience will eat at you. For life. This ain't no threat.

And you know what I think? I think, if you are not capable of handling that lifetime guilt, that one guilt that is either piling up as the minute passes, just because you love to gossip and bitch about others, or those minute little underhand ways, or whatever against your own morals, I suggest you don't even start anything of sort.

As much as I would like to forgive, and would love to be forgiven, please understand that it takes time for me to forget, likewise, how I'll understand if you need time to forget too. But I sincerely apologize if I've ever been a source of pain to anyone, and if it helps that I aid in your recovery process, please, just let me know. I'll be willing, as long as it is something within my capacity to aid. And no, I don't wish to be naming my own sources of pain, but I believe time will heal, otherwise, by God's mercy, they probably would come forward to aid me as well.

Very much a skeptic before, I guess I probably shocked you with this one lengthy post, what with the mentioning of God and my faith. But today's service was all I needed to get things off my chest, to be assured that I am capable of, and to be freed in other words, of hatred, anger, betrayal, offences,guilt, sins, and perhaps many unspoken emotions. As of today, by God's grace, I could say I've forgiven. And I hope my post might inspire you, one way or another. I figured, no harm sharing.


Does this post even make sense? Or is this just another one of " ... Lynette's ranting session,"

Aw, man ...
So much for being philos, I guess.




Anyhow, I will be counting down to a date unspoken. Because I'll be freed, literally, from a shit hole. But trust me, I am eagerly waiting for my release. I've plenty in mind to do after that, of course, those that I won't mention here in the open.


How about? Here's two quotes, to summarize the shit hole ;

"The envious man is an enemy to himself, for his mind is always spontaneously occupied with his own unhappy thoughts."
{ Menander }

"Envy always implies inferiority, wherever it resides."
{ Pliny }



Same day, different shit. Just a figure of speech.




A language so formal, developed, indecipherable.
Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?