We're like water and a flame.I swear, steamboat buffet for dinner is sinful, and not worth the money. I tried to starve myself for the day, and obviously, I ruined it with clam chowder, fries and my wide-spread variety of sauces. God knows what else I ate, but the hunger pangs were practically eating away my stomach walls. Well, someone was starving alongside, having come all the way down to my workplace during my lunchtime, to have ( a rather pathetic ) lunch with me. That ( rather pathetic ) lunch was actually my breakfast; you can just imagine how busy the morning schedule was. And my dear potential-doctor, was slogging away at Starbucks just downstairs. It was pretty comforting, really, knowing he's just directly below, and if anything goes wrong, I can just go running, crying and flung my pathetic, stressed, depressed self into his loving arms. I'm blessed, I think. God, what did I do to deserve these - to deserve him?
So anyway, about the steamboat buffet. I am not much of a eater, what with the raw beef and the "bandage" looking soy thing. You can pretty much guess what I spammed on, no? Meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, and more meatballs. Mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms, and more mushrooms. And then I cannot remember what else I ate. It was ... monotonous, I would say. Skinny is as skinny was, my dear boy was such a great eater. But the "bandage" eating stunt was just ...
zomfgwtf. The buffet was with the church group, and they are, nice people, I must say. It isn't like those cozy, little group gatherings, but more towards, say, family reunion? Along that line. The atmosphere was just as chaotic; like countless mash-ups going on simultaneously. I like that, the feeling of how their conversations drowned out my own voice, making my own conversation, more private, in a way.
Now you question my sanity, don't you?
Funny, because I actually bothered to take the effort to elaborate this one day of my life. Of course, this one day of the many that I would gladly carry to my grave.
Why is it we always fall for our close guy friends? Is it because we know we can trust them? Is it because we know them so well? Is it because of the way they know exactly what's going on in our heads? Or is it because they are there any day, anytime, anywhere without the promise of kisses, intimate touches or whispered sentiments of love? I think we love them because they are there when there is nothing in it for them, except for that little glimmer of hope, that maybe someday, there will be.
What I know is, that one day, it all catches up with you. Every ended relationship, every tear shed, every broken heart. You pick up the pieces, you brush them off and you put them back together - only each time, you need a little more glue. Then just like that, the glue's not enough anymore. The cracks, the wholes, the shattered dreams? They're a part of you. Try as you might, you can't fix what's been broken, you can't mend what's been torn. You're down-trodden, pathetic, unable to go on - or so you think. Then he walks into your life. With a smile, a whisper and a kiss, you're no longer broken. Your world of gray becomes a little brighter, a little more colorful. The more time you spend with him, the more complete your once fragile, shattered heart becomes. Until one morning you wake up and just like that, you're in love, and the grass is greener, and the sky is bluer, and the past is the past. You are no longer consumed with regret, remorse or pain. Yet in the back of your mind, in the depths of your heart, one thing lingers - fear. Fear of what you're risking, fear of going back, fear of being broken again, this time forever. Then he smiles, and says those three words you've been longing to hear - and nothing else matters.
Thank you, my purest of love, the one who looks deep beyond the surface, the one whom I can finally trust. It's impossible how wit, intellect and humor, could co-exist with values, morals and righteousness. But guess what? I'm proven wrong. The last thing on his mind, is to get into my pants. And that's what I love most about him; I can trust being alone with him, and I can trust myself with him.
You're amazing.Dinner for tonight was pretty boring - two breaded fish fillets thrown into the oven for about 18 minutes. Oh well, you can't eat fancy all the time. I guess you could if you had the money.
Woohoo, because I clicked 12 km this week. Two and a quarter cheers; I'm not satisfied. See you soon, triceps.
Church tomorrow, gonna hit the sack, folks.
Tomorrow's Sunday. That means Monday's crawling near.
Oh, dreadful : /
Work's draining, and ugh, stupid eye bags.
Go die.
Southern skies.