Sometimes, bombs fall quietly.( Please wait while player loads. )
The Last Goodnight ; This is The Sound
I let you in, just a little too close
You shut the door, so nobody would know
I know I heard a shot, on the fourteenth floor
The music was raw, you really put on a show.
(Chorus:)
This is where we are
This is where we've been
This is how I fall
In love with you again
I had to say goodbye, before I said hello
I saw you crash, and you took off your clothes.
And this is the sound of a broken heart beating
Almost died when I found your heart cheating
I won't survive very much longer
You got to keep this broken heart stronger.
(Chorus)
Where did I go wrong?
I can't be your friend
After where we've been
I can't see your face again
You leave your trouble at the door
I feel we don't know what we're fighting for
Feels like I'm a prisoner, baby
So hard when you have to fake it
It hurts so much to feel love
When you know you've got to break it.
And this is the sound of a broken heart beating
Almost died when I found your heart cheating
I won't survive this very much longer
You got to keep this broken heart stronger
(Chorus)
And this is the sound of a broken heart beating
(Where did I go wrong)
Almost died when I found your heart cheating
(I can't be your friend)
I won't survive very much longer
(After where we've been)
You got to keep this broken heart stronger
(I can't see your face again)
I fall for you again
(I fall for you again)
I fall for you again
(I fall for you again)
I fall for you again
(I fall for you again)
(Chorus) Eh, bloody song, stuck in me head again : /
And then Damsel fell once again, for the one who used to give her all the attention, affection, courage, support, concern, hunger, aches, surprises, admiration, respect, love. The one who made her laugh, the same one who made her cry. Oh no, she didn't. Oh, yes, she did.
I'm telling you this because you didn't ask. I've got it all here, growing like a tumor in my throat. I'm telling you because if I don't, I will choke on it. Everybody knows what happened but nobody asks.
If you cared, if you tried, I would come back to your side. And I wouldn't change a thing. I'd walk right back through the rain, back to every broken heart on the day that it was breaking, and I'd re-live all the years and be thankful for the tears. I've cried with every stumbled step that led to you, and got me here, right here. Guess I'm only brave until I'm scared. And you, you're only unique, until compared.
But someone, they could have warned you, when things start splitting at the seams. And now the whole thing's tumbling down. Things start splitting at the seams and now, if things start splitting at the seams, and now, it's tumbling down, hard.
I know there are some things you just can't change. I know there are some situations where apologies hold no bearings. I know that hurt feelings build walls. I know that some people connect once and are bonded for a lifetime. I know that in a different time and place, we were those people. I know that us being just "friends again" is more difficult than not speaking at all. I know that twists of fate sometimes bring people together. And that 'Everything happens for a reason' tear them apart. I know I'll never forget. You.
You, are a subtle kind of murder.
Everything's wrong without the pain.