Come Hither.

Monday, January 12, 2009

 
The long forgotten.



And if you want to cry, I am here to dry your eyes. And in no time, you'll be fine. You think I'd leave your side, baby? You know me better than that. When you're alone, I'll be there, by your side, baby.


{ Sade }



One thing I hate about tidying up my room, is that I've gotten so comfortable with the random placement of items and misplaced look. And the obligation to throw away any of the ever-so-familiar stuff, it's eating at my conscience. The guilt of having to part with one in favor of another, what is this, bias?

Amidst the process, there are bound to be those that, on ugly intentions or not, have to bring back memories that you have conveniently, insistently maybe, psyche yourself to abandon.

Of course, of course. You have came to terms with it, you say?

Burnt discs, handwritten notes, receipts, photos, movie stubs, and yes, I keep the most random of things that back then, would make me smile with merely a glance at them. Reminiscence, in other words. Because memories, they keep me breathing.

No doubt, the pen ink fades. The songs lost their meanings. The subconscious habit of frantic button-squashing on the Ipod to give those songs a miss. Printed alphabets on movie stubs blurred. Love carved on the back of a carbon receipt, they wear with time, the message replaced with copper coin stains.

These, they don't sting as much now. Having caught myself off guard, smiling while re-reading the every word. Trying to picture that silly facial expression that had conveniently became an ecstasy of mine, while penning the emotions. Emotional issues were never a forte, hence the perhaps, most intense moment ever.


Then again, the old got to make way for the new.

Besides, my room severely needs a make-up. A major one, that is, especially when the state it is in? Yea, like a tornado took a visitation downtown.





Okay, it's time for the Tech Noob to go look for Tech Wizz.

Oh, crap. Was I suppose to bring something?





Cross dress.
Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?