Come Hither.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

 
I've got the mic and you've got the moshpit.



Single individuals always have to pretend that they are perfectly fine the way they are - single, carefree, available. But secretly, it's not always the case of perfect freedom. On the other hand, attached individuals yearn for that freedom of being single again. And when they are single again, the whole pretending and lying to self cycle begins.


No, typing this does not mean I have a particular person(s) in mind. It's just that I keep getting "Enjoy singlehood while you can" talks online from so many people, and coming from guys whom I thought are happily attached.

In a way, I pity their girlfriends. I mean, if my boyfriend were to say, "Man, do I miss singlehood," I would interpret it as a "Let's break up, I'm so bored of you." Okay, maybe it's just me.

But okay, fine, guys being guys, they always got the excuse of not thinking before talking, so they're off the hook when they just flash you their stupid boyish smile. Oh, and don't bother asking them to " ... Imagine if I said that ... " because honestly, they are stupid. They cannot imagine. They'll just chide you for " ... thinking too much ... " What's the point?


Now, I'll let you in on what they actually mean, based on what I've been asking one of my useless bum of a guy friend.

Apparently, they want to have more quality time with their own circle of friends. But honestly, if his circle of friends consist of like, five billion female, then screw him. This is no gazillion-some relationship and you are not suppose to be just one out of a gazillion females. You're suppose to be The One.


So screw the male species, always so fickle as they seem.
And I always find their lack of pants disturbing.





Honestly, I've got so used to being single. And being a single individual, I'm not going to pretend that I am enjoying every single minute of it. There are times when I do hope to have someone to call my own, and to be someone elses'. Very often, I do miss having someone to text goodnight to, say good morning with, and just chilling out. Someone who is willing to listen, just shut up and listen.

Someone whom I can't see myself without.


See, I am human afterall. No pretense, naked emotions (!!)




And besides, I believe everybody's perfect soulmate is one in a gazillion million, across the globe maybe? So what's the hurry? You just got to wait for your paths to cross. Destiny doesn't like to be pushed ... somehow.


I know Ben has something to say about this whole pushing destiny, destiny is in your hands, fate is human's own creation, mehmehmeh, and his many theories. Don't spam my tagboard, please please please, I beg you. Lagging like craphole already, lah!


Ben is a prick. ( I can't think of any non-sexual metaphor. )




Anyway, I'm just waiting for my mom to finish work. Oh, City Hall has two new Starbucks outlets. I'm currently at one of them. It seems I keep roaming everywhere and end up sitting at Starbucks. Shopping isn't my forte. I need to rest my size 4 bloody feet lest my mom decides on a retail (dis)therapy tonight.

Four days to prom, and I'm so not excited.



Nigel is performing at a gig next Thursday. Supermassive @ Old School, Mt Sophia, I think? Wow, I say. So proud of him. Too bad, I won't be able to see him and his vocals + guitar. Because I've to be at the airport by then.

Oh, I am sure he'll be a-ok, as long as he don't sing like that guy from The Last Goodnight. He sings like he is ;
1) RoboCop ( check out his hand movements )
2) Lack of fiber, or better
3) ET ( Extra Terrestrial )


Don't believe? See for yourself ---> Pictures of You ; The Last Goodnight


But I like the song. The acoustic is fine too, I guess.





Aiya. Need to pee.
Cheers.

Modern day cut-throat.
Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

Archives

July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?